Using Social Media to Deliver Environmental Education Campaigns
Thursday, 24 May 2018
Woody’s Cafe & Conference Centre
3 Woodford Place, Thornton NSW 2322
9.30am – 4.30pm
RSVP by 8 May 2018
FREE for Member Councils
$450 + GST for Non-Members
This workshop will focus on how to use social media platforms to deliver environmental education campaigns, at a local level to align with regional priorities. The main platforms explored will be Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The workshop will cover:
- Which platform work best for different audiences
- How and why people use social media, especially in terms of finding out about Council programs and waste/environmental education messages and projects
- Principles of communicating on social media – messaging mix, timing, frequency, word count etc.
- How to write good content that educates, gets engagement and makes people want to take action
- How to provide the best material to your marketing teams or how to effectively create your own posts.
- How to find trends and use them to get more attention
- What are the best times to post to hit key audiences
- How to use influencer marketing
- How to boost posts (use ads) so they get in front of new markets
- Risks and things to watch out for/avoid
- How to develop a plan where there is consistency and collaboration between local and regional councils in promoting key messages.
- Campaign planning: How long a lead time to use to promote specific programs
- Measurement: how to track whether our efforts are successful
- Tools which can increase efficiencies
Target audience: Anyone in the environment sector using social media in their role or working with communications teams to deliver education campaigns.
Details: Training is FREE for Hunter Waste Regional Council staff working in waste related areas. Limit of three staff members from each council permitted to attend.
Cancellation policy: Participants may cancel their registration without penalty prior to the registration closing date. Cancellations made after the registration closing date will be charged $50 (+GST), which includes venue rental, catering services, and other arrangements that have been made at that time. Please note, cancellation fees cannot be applied to future events.