2009 Regional Roadside Environment Resource Kit
The Roadside Environment Resource Kit provides a suite of practical resources to assist councils when undertaking road related environmental assessment and planning activities. These include:
- Roadside Environmental Management Policy template
- GIS Attribute Tool
Management Guidelines addressing 14 roadside management issues
The Roadside Environment Resource Kit provides a suite of practical resources to assist councils when undertaking road related environmental assessment and planning activities. In particular, it aims to assist councils to comply with key Commonwealth and State environmental legislation and to facilitate the early identification and assessment of environmental values and impacts by councils when planning and designing road construction and maintenance programs.
- Regional Roadside Environment Policy template;
- GIS Attribute Layer (to assist with the spatial identification of environmental issues);
- REF templates for routine maintenance activities (slashing and grading).
- Management guidelines covering the following focus areas:
- Water Crossings
- Protected Areas
- Threatened Flora
- Vegetation Management During Road Construction
- Vegetation Management During Road Maintenance
- Re-establishing Vegetation
- Acid Sulfate Soils
- Erosion and Sediment
- Control – Road Construction
- Environmental Law
- Roadside training manual.