Waste Management – Frontline complaint handling
Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2019
Time: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Venue: Local Government Training Institute – Training Room 1, 4 Sandringham Ave, Thornton
Cost: FREE for Hunter Central Coast Waste Region Member Councils
Registrations close 30 September 2019
Purpose of the Training
This training is specifically targeting Council staff involved in waste management and related customer service roles. It is available to Councils who are members of the Hunter Central Coast Waste region.
The Frontline Complaint Handling provides staff with the necessary skills and strategies to respond to complaints from clients and customers confidently, effectively and efficiently.
Participants are provided with a step-by-step model for dealing with complaints, examining different types of complainant behaviour and overcoming personal and organisational barriers to making and resolving complaints.
The workshop will cover:
- benefits of effective complaint handling
- what is a complaint – understanding and defining complaints
- the frontline response – skills strategies for handling complaints
- challenging or difficult complaint situations
- best practice complaint handling.
Jennifer Leslie has over 40 years experience in leading, managing and facilitating change and growth with individuals and teams, in small to medium businesses, Government and Not for Profit Organisations.
Between 2006-2018 she was a Level 3 Facilitator and Coach for Leadership Management Australia and since 2013 she has been a Contract Trainer for the NSW Ombudsman’s office, and brings extensive experience from her work in the community services sector to her Facilitation, Coaching, Training and mentoring work. Jennifer’s work for the Ombudsman’s office as a trainer, and as an Official Community Visitor in 2010 -13, allows her to facilitate a range of specialist open and in house courses related to Management, Compliance, Policy development and complaint handling in relation to the roll out of the NDIS.
With extensive experience in Learning and Development, Jennifer’s coaching facilitates behavioural change that enables powerful breakthroughs from unproductive habits leading to improved and lasting performance.
Jennifer holds a Certificate 4 and a Diploma in Training and Assessment, a Certificate IV in Business and Sales, as well as a Diploma of Management in addition to her extensive set of specialist qualifications.
This session aims to improve your complaint handling skills, assisting you to become more confident in your ability to handle complaints.
By completing this training, you will have information to:
- understand and identify a complaint
- consider complaints from a ‘complainant perspective’ and understand why people complain
- raise awareness of the value of complaints
- employ different strategies for handling complaints, including challenging complaints.
- better manage complainant expectations and handle complaints in a way that can improve complainant satisfaction
- consider your personal safety and take care of yourself in challenging situations
- be informed about a best practice complaint handling system.
Who Should Attend
Those who have regular, high volume contact with clients and customers, face to face or by phone, including:
- Outdoor workers
- Technical staff
- New customer service recruits
- New team leaders who have a primarily technical background
This course is specifically targeting Council staff involved in waste management and related customer service roles. It is available to Councils who are members of the Hunter Central Coast Waste region.
Regional Program Manager
Hunter Joint Organisation
T 4978 4034 | M 0436 420 623
Proudly supported and hosted by